Administration & Finance
The role of the Admin & Finance committee is to deal with the day to day running of the club regarding incoming and outgoing correspondence, payment of invoices, completing the monthly Lions Club International report, representing our club at Zone meetings, District meetings and Conventions. To ensure the Howick Lions Club follows the requirements of an Incorporated Society and those of a Charitable Trust.
- Secretary function
- Treasurer functions.
- Constitution and bylaws-update and uphold the Howick Lions Club Constitution
- Public relations
- Club supplies and asset register.
- Lions International advice
- Incorporated Society obligations
Community Service & Fundraising
This committee’s role is to develop programmes and initiatves which raise funds for the Club.
- Conduct a community needs analysis
- Review the charitable and / or community disbursements for the club.
- Recommend and organise assistance with charitable collections.
- Organise the Seniors Christmas Lunch.
- Organise labour based projects in the community.
- Organise events that will add funds to assist with operating the club and strengthen our charitable events.
- Develop projects that will enhance the profile of Howick Lions.
- Produce and submit to the treasurer budgets for activities.
The role of the Membership committee is to develop programmes and initiatives which will encourage new members to join the club. To take every opportunity to attract new members for Howick Lions, and rebuild our club to a level where we are able to assist in the establishment of new clubs.
- Monitor the membership status and attendance of members - follow them up as required and appropriate.
- Attend relevant district and zone membership meetings.
- Maintain a high public profile in our community through publicity in the media and throughout our community.
- Produce and submit to treasurer budgets for activities.
The role of this committee is to investigate and organise social events which will promote fellowship within the club, and will allow opportunities to invite family and friends to join our club and possibly act as an introduction to Lions for new members.
This committee’s role is to promote our club and all of the events we participate in. To ensure the projects we work on are reported to, and well supported by the public. To promote the rational of our club “to serve” the local community.
- Promote fellowship and entertainment by organising an interesting variety of dinner evenings and club activities.
- Arrange guest speakers for the dinner meetings each month unless alternative arrangements have been made.
- Arrange the greeter, invocation, loyal toast, raffles and barman.
- Provide ring around support for club functions and activities.
- Co-ordinate the Howick Santa Parade.
- Produce and submit to the treasurer budgets for activities
The purpose of this committee is develop links between local schools; promote Lions ideals by developing Leo Clubs where possible; support Lions Clubs International youth initiatives; "Peace Posters”, ”Young Speech Makers” & local programmes, “Camp Quality”, “Outward Bound” and any further projects which promote and assist the youth within our community.
Objectives for 2016/17
- Map out a plan to get traction on the following activities: Youth Exchange; Young Speechmakers; Peace Poster; Young Ambassador
- Outward Bound; review our involvement and see what better way the Club can be involved with the schools and youth.